Building a brand for your business

Here you will write about all the email list database
miskatmilu

Building a brand for your business

Post by miskatmilu »

At Yoast, we take pride in our brand image. I would go so far as to say that this has contributed a lot to our success. I also think we need to talk more about good and consistent branding, because that's one of the hallmarks of a great company. Let me explain why I think it's important for a company to Latest Mailing Database think about its brand image and give some examples of what we have done. I hope this will inspire you to improve your company's brand image! What is the brand? Let's look at some definitions first. The American Marketing Association on its website defines a brand as: A trademark is a name, term, design, symbol or other characteristic that identifies a seller's good or service from those of other sellers. Lexico defines branding as: The promotion of a particular product or company through advertising and distinctive design. Scientifically, definitions also vary widely. David Aaker, dubbed the “father of modern branding” by marketing textbook author Philip Kotler, defines branding as: “Much more than a name and logo, it is an organization's promise to a customer to deliver what a brand stands for…in terms of functional benefits but also emotional, expressive and social benefits” David Aaker in Aaker on Branding It's the whole thing: the name, the images, the advertising, the story.

Good branding associates your business and/or product with positive feelings. Some big brands even go so far as to only promote feelings in their ads because we all know the product. If you are at this stage, you have achieved true “brand recognition”. If you manage to make people feel certain feelings because they bought something from you, like I feel when I drink Diet Coke, for example, you've hit the Latest Mailing Database jackpot. How do you measure brand image? As digital marketers, we tend to want to measure everything and we think we can measure everything as well. I don't think that's the case for branding. You may have the budget to do large-scale brand research, but usually only big brands have that kind of money. And when you do that research, the big question is: what do you want to do with the result of that research? To take it a step further, we probably need to better define what we would measure if we could measure anything. I find this brand knowledge pyramid in this article by P. Chan don of INSEAD very useful: Brand awareness pyramid that describes the transition from brand awareness, to strong, favorable and unique brand associations, to positive and accessible brand evaluations, to intense and active brand loyalty. So if you see the pyramid above, brand awareness is a prerequisite for everything else. If people don't consider you when they make a purchase, everything else you do to “charge” your brand is pointless. More people are searching for you online, which you can see through, for example, Google Trends, is a good measure of brand awareness.

Note that it is always relative to your competition. Comparing searches for “Yoast” with searches for “Coca-Cola” is both nonsense and more importantly a simple self-flagellation. However, comparing searches for “Yoast SEO” with searches for “WordPress SEO” makes much more sense, and thankfully it shows that we won this battle 5 years ago. If you really want to measure impact, I think the smartest thing for small businesses to do is just see if more people are searching for your brand online. The “Yoast” brand Given our definitions above, the Latest Mailing Database Yoast brand has two sides: the brand image and the “functional” aspects of the brand. The functional aspects are the result of the functionality of our product, the quality of our UX, the usefulness of our features. To be able to build a good brand, having at least one good product is a requirement. Sure, this product can be a news site, or information, or whatever you want it to be, but it has to be awesome. For the purposes of this article, I'm going to assume that's a given. The great product is there and exists. The brand name Some things get lost in history, and that's kind of funny. Yoast is how you pronounce my first name (Joost) if you pronounce it in English. Basically, toast with a Y. These days, people who don't know at conferences sometimes introduce me as "this is Juiced from Yoast", which always cracks me up. Most importantly, Yoast is short, easy to remember, and unique to our space. For a while, keyword domain names were all the rage in the SEO industry.